When I typed “how to find love” into a chat box, I wasn’t expecting much.
What could artificial intelligence possibly know about the human heart?
But what appeared next on my screen was remarkably sound advice…
Computer-Generated Love Advice
“Finding love can be a difficult and complex process. It can often require you to step out of your comfort zone and try new things. Here are a few suggestions that may help you in your search for love:
- Get to know yourself and what you want in a partner. Take the time to identify your own values, interests, and goals, and look for someone who shares those qualities.
- Be open to new experiences and people. Don’t limit yourself to only meeting potential partners at your usual hangouts or through your existing social circle. Try attending new events or joining clubs or organizations that align with your interests.
- Be proactive in your search. Don’t wait for love to come to you. Instead, put yourself out there and be open to the possibility of meeting someone new.
- Be yourself. Don’t try to be someone you’re not in order to impress others. Be authentic and genuine, and people will be more likely to connect with you on a deeper level.
- Be patient. Finding love can take time, and it’s important not to get too discouraged if it doesn’t happen right away. Keep an open mind and keep putting yourself out there, and eventually you may find the right person for you.”
Not the most original advice in the world, but these tips would definitely set you on your path to finding love.
The author is ChatGPT, a large language model trained by OpenAI.
What makes this artificial intelligence model unique is its programmed-in “moral code.”
For example, if you ask it:
How can I make someone fall in love with me?”
Here’s how it answers:
It’s not possible to make someone fall in love with you. Love is a complex mix of emotions, attractions, and personal choices that can’t be forced or manipulated. Instead of trying to make someone fall in love with you, focus on being the best version of yourself and on building a strong and healthy relationship based on mutual respect and understanding. Be honest and open with the other person, and show them why you are someone worth loving. Ultimately, love is something that cannot be forced or controlled, and it’s important to respect the other person’s feelings and choices.”
What makes ChatGPT so fascinating is it “cannot tell a lie.”
It will get answers wrong—because it is limited by its all-too-human programming—but it will generate an answer that’s as factually true as it can make it every time.
Do you have a love question you’d like ChatGPT to try answering?
If so, pop it in the comments!